Updated 7/28/2020 Covid Policy
During times of increased stress and uncertainty, tending to your overall wellness – both your physical and mental health – is more critical than ever. Taking the time and space to talk (or play!) through what is going on in our world will help you better handle the impact of the 24-hour-bad-news cycle, changes in routine and plans, confusion about what the school year will look like, concerns about the practicalities of another quarantine (So much togetherness! Or so much isolation!), and the anxiety, frustration, anger, or depression that can come with all of it.
This is why Marvelous Minds will continue to provide…
- A variety of service options, including face-to-face sessions, phone sessions, or video sessions, provided by Marvelous Clinicians
- A safe and hygienic clinic to protect your family and ours.
Our promise to you:
- To combat the spread of all viral and bacterial infections, we have increased the frequency of cleaning in both the clinical and reception areas of our office. All high-touch surfaces will be disinfected between each client.
- A hands-free sanitizing/UV light station has been put up in the waiting area.
- If any staff member is not feeling well or has had any of the symptoms listed above, we will call you to reschedule or offer a telehealth session if possible.
- Staff will wash hands and use hand sanitizer upon entry to the clinic, between each patient, and after using the restroom and/or eating.
- All surfaces are disinfected regularly. Doorknobs and other frequently touched surfaces are disinfected between patients.
- Staff will be provided with face masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant, and other items needed per Illinois state guidelines to protect your family and ours.
- The office will be opened/aired out 2 hours prior to opening the clinic and 2 hours after closing to increase ventilation.
- All clients will be checked in by answering a COVID-19 questionnaire and having their temperature taken. Anyone whose temperature is 100.4 or higher will be asked to go home immediately and a Telehealth session will be provided.
- Staff’s temperature will be checked daily.
Please help us by…
- If you (or any member of your household) has had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, recent GI upset, diarrhea, any flu-like symptoms, had contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you have tested positive for COVID-19, or you have traveled outside of Illinois to any of the restricted travel zones in the last 14 days; please call to reschedule or see if a telehealth session is possible.
- Please take your temperature 24 hours before your appointment and within 1 hour of the appointment. If your temperature is 100.4° or more, please call to reschedule or request a telehealth session.
- Please do not come into the building until 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. If you are waiting for your child, please consider taking a walk outside or waiting in your car to help keep our waiting rooms clear.
- Upon entry to the waiting room, anyone over the age of 2 must wear a protective mask.
- Upon arrival, please use provided hand sanitizer.
- Masks MUST be worn at all times in all public areas including waiting room, reception, hallway, kitchen, and bathroom. Once you are in your therapist’s office and you are maintaining 6 feet of distance, you may remove your mask at your discretion.
- Remember to try to avoid touching your face. If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into your elbow, turning your head away from people. If you use the restroom, eat, or touch your mouth/ nose, you should wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer. Please remind your children of these safety practices!
- Any employee, contractor, patient, patient’s family member or representative, or vendor who has traveled to any designated areas (see below) that have a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19, must refrain from entering Marvelous Minds for 14 days from the time of last contact within the designated state.
Restricted travel zones (subject to change):
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming as well as any overseas travel.